Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 24, 2011

What does it all mean?

I'm not really trying to wax poetic or philosophical here, but really what does it mean?  My blog title, that is.  Am I really an 'over-achiever'?  Well, maybe in some regards but certainly not always.  What's an over-achiever anyway?  That's a subjective type of word.  This blog is really going to be about me; the constant mover and shaker trying to make some sense of how and why I go about doing these things that I do.  Hopefully some of it will be relatively amusing or enlightening to those who peruse these pages.  You'll see a lot about my journey with Weight Watchers...I know it sounds kind of annoying, but it's a big part of my life.  So if you want to read this, you'll just have to deal.  You might actually learn something...you never know.

I've been thinking about doing some sort of blogging for some time, and now here we are.  This will be a good way for me to get this stuff off my chest.  I used to keep a journal religiously and now is it because I am 'old' that I just don't find the time?   I mean, since I met my husband I just haven't really made that time on a regular basis.  When I write in my journal my entries start out like, 'well, it's been a year since I last wrote and this is what has happened'.  And then 20 pages later I am done recapping the year.  It's like I threw up my year all over those pages in an attempt to leave some sort of trace of myself after I'm gone.  Oh jeez...that's not waxing philosophical at all. 

I'm in my early thirties and have to say that I was not sad in the least to rid myself of that twenties era.  I started Weight Watchers in June of 2007.  I was 28 at the time and was getting ready for my wedding.  How excruciating it was to look for a bridal gown.  In my head I thought I was looking pretty good...and then the search for the bridal gown was on.  I realized quickly how painful this process was going to be.  I hated it immediately and wanted it to end.  Fortunately, I found my gown and then came the measurements.  I think it ended up being a 20 or a 22 wedding gown.  Oh.My.God.

I kinda wanted to die as this little twig was measuring me.  This adorable, just as cute as a button, blond haired, little thing was trying to get her tiny little arms around my massive chest.  That was a pretty good wake up call.  I've had them before, like at the doctors office when she weighed me in at 195...holy cow.  I quickly got myself into my gym's Biggest Loser Challenge and won it...yes, I am that good when I put my mind to it.  Well, then I gained it all back and before you know it I'm in the dressing room with blondie and she's saying that we're ordering a dress with a 2 at the beginning of the size. 

So that's when I decided to check out this thing called Weight Watchers and it literally changed my life.  I lost 30 pounds for my wedding in January and continued to lose 7 more after the wedding and then barely recognized myself once June and July rolled around.  I made lifetime that summer and since have been navigating the turbulent waters of it.  It is a constant thought process and don't let anyone tell you differently.  I am a somewhat reasonable person and anyone who has been in weight watchers longer than a couple of years and tells you it's no big deal to maintain is straight up lying. 

So that's where I am now, clawing my way back down to 160.  I got there the first time with no problem.  Why am I having so much trouble getting there again?  That's what I am here to find out.  I juggle a full time job, a house, a wonderful, loving and supportive husband, my chocolate dog Sadie, and a family for whom I love, but seem to be at my 'doorstep' constantly (I like them there), working out, being with friends, and other things like boards of directors, community relationships, cooking, baking, reading, and whatever else my a.d.d. mind decides it wants to do.  Oh, cleaning is on there too, somewhere.  I'll be posting things about what I cook, bake, make, create, design, eat, etc, etc, etc. 

I can feel that this is going to be a good thing for you and me.  Please feel free to leave comments about whatever.  Thanks for reading and I look forward to posting again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment