Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My boss told me to 'not' get myself bogged down

Well...this is interesting.  My boss, whom I have a really good working relationship with, told me not to get bogged down with all of the 'things' I have going on.  That's not easy for me - to not get bogged down, that is.  It's a vicious cycle that I get myself into.  I seem to have some extra time at work (I work at a University thus semesters, semester breaks, etc.) and then I load on all of these awesome, fantastic events and programs that involve faculty, staff, students, and community partners...oh my gosh I love it.  And everything sounds like so much fun and more importantly BENEFICIAL to the campus, the students, and the surrounding community that I just figure out a way to get it done.  It doesn't matter how much time and energy it takes out of me - I can handle it.

Also, I've been waiting to hear for almost three years (yes, three years) about my job and it's ability to become a permanent position with benefits, like health, 401k, vacation, sick, life insurance, and whatever else comes in a benefits package.  It's been so long since I had one I can't remember really what makes up such a thing.  Anyway, the University decided that my position was worthy of a permanent position status...not just contract, and so I applied back in early September.  It's a competitive process even though I've created the position, the office, the program(s), the relationships and everything else that comes with what I do.  In all honesty, I really like the fact that it's a competitive process because I can fight for what I have worked so hard to accomplish for the University.  And this way, I know whether I truly deserve it.  It's do or die.  Love me or let me go type of situation.  Stop draggin' my heart around thing.  That's a song.  I find out today that I've been selected for an interview.  Three other people were selected.  I chose the final time slot for the day; hopefully this decision was strategically sound.  

Time to go and do my 10 Minute Trainer workout.  And then figure out what to have for dinner.  And then figure out if we should take Sadie Girl out for a walk (it's been too cold even for her lab paws).  And then I need to sit on the couch.  Oh, and I was supposed to go to an Annual Meeting tonight for a fabulous non-profit that shall remain nameless, but in my quest for balance I said, NO. 

2 comments:

  1. When is the interview? Finally!! Good things come to those who wait...good luck sis. Keep Sadie warm please!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the interview! Let me know how it goes. I'm sure you will blow all of the other candidates out of the water!

    ReplyDelete